Bear Basin Ranch – Ranch Rides and Half-Day Rides
3,500 acres of rolling hills, prairie and Aspen groves located in the scenic Wet Mountains, with an unobscured view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains. It is the perfect setting for a Colorado horseback riding adventure of a lifetime. Reservations Required.
Small Group Surcharge for 5 day trips – $250 per person (groups of 2 or less).
Round-trip transportation from Colorado Springs – No Additional Charge
3% Forest Service fee added to price of all pack trips
- Bear Basin Ranch Ride – picnic lunch provided.
(1 Full Day – $160 (minimum 3, if only 1 or 2 people $200 each))
- Half-Day Rides – lunch not provided.
(2 Hours Riding – $90 per person (minimum 3))
- Sunset Dinner Rides – dinner provided
(2 Hours Riding – $125 per person (minimum 3))
Now Offering Covered Wagon Rides (Adult – $40, kids under 15 – $25, under 2 – free)
Sit back and take a Colorado horseback riding trip through time while riding in a modern covered wagon pulled by huge draft horses. The entire family can enjoy the scenery of the mountains with none of the work. This could also be the perfect way to celebrate a birthday or a fun activity for family reunions.
Family Special – 2 adults & 2 kids for $100
Upgrade to the Sunset Wagon ride with dinner – additional $20 per adult, $15 per kid under 15
One-Day Fishing Trip – $375 per person
Sangre de Cristo Wilderness Trail Rides (1 Full Day – $195 (minimum 3, if only 1 or 2 people $230 each))
Daily after the snow melts
Meeting at the trail head, we ride high into the Sangre de Cristo mountain range to visit a sparkling alpine lake. We have time to fish, hike or relax before returning in the late afternoon. We also provide lunch.
What to Bring:
- Rain gear (poncho or pants and jacket)
- Sunscreen and / or riding hat (with stampede strap)
- Long pants (jeans)
- Boots that go up over the ankle (smooth-sole preferred)
- Bottle / canteen of water
Directions to the Ranch (From COLORADO SPRINGS)
- South on I-25 to the Nevada Ave. exit for Hwy 115.
- South on 115 from Colorado Springs to Florence.
- At the first light in Florence (Carl’s Junior), left (south) onto Hwy. 67 towards Wetmore.
- At the T-intersection in Wetmore, right (Southwest) onto Hwy. 96.
- Up and over the pass, veer right at the top of the pass, and continue through the valley out to the plain (look for elk!)
- About mile marker 11, turn right (North) onto County Road 271. Bear Basin Ranch is ¼ mile down on your left.